- You must be 21+ to consume alcohol in the campground and festival. If entering with alcohol, you must present government-issued identification. Law enforcement will frequent the campground and randomly card campers seen drinking alcohol. Underage drinkers risk receiving a citation or even being arrested. Campers age 21+ are advised to carry their government-issued identification AT ALL TIMES.
- Acceptable: 1.75L of liquor in a PLASTIC BOTTLE ONLY. Beer and alcoholic drinks under 16% ABV, up to 24 cans per person (under 12oz), OR up to 5L of wine.
- The campground will be fully staffed by our Ground Control team, as well as medical and security personnel, 24 hours a day.
- To help keep you cool during the day, we will offer shade structures, free filtered drinking water refill stations, and water misters.
- Please take care of your valuables. Okeechobee Experience LLC and the venue are not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
Note: Acceptable/Prohibited item lists differ between the campground and the general festival. Read below for camping guidelines, or view the festival guidelines.
Essential Packing List
We highly recommend bringing the following items for the most comfortable camping experience. Remember: It’s only four days! Roll your clothes, and pack lightly.
- YES Two (2) travel-size locks if you wish to lock your tent or have added a ShiftPod to your camping experience
- YES Bicycles, scooters (non-motorized)—don’t forget your bike lock! (Only 1 bike per person. Bring at your own risk. Bicycles left in unauthorized areas or fire lanes will be removed.)
- YES Earplugs
- YES Eye masks
- YES Flags/banners/totems to distinguish your tent (see Totem Guidelines)
- YES Folding chairs
- YES Food and beverages/water (must be sealed)
- YES Ice chest/coolers
- YES Phone charger
- YES Reusable water bottles
- YES Sleeping bags, blankets, pillows, air mattress
- YES Sunglasses, hats, sunscreen
- YES Towels and sandals (for use in the shower)
- YES Trash bags
These additional items are encouraged in the campground:
- YES Battery-powered candles and lanterns
- YES Bicycles and scooters (non-motorized)
- YES Canopies, E-Z UPs, large umbrellas, or shade structures
- YES Cell phones
- YES Cigarettes (must be sealed upon entry)
- YES E-cigs/vapes (refillable liquid chambers OK—must be empty upon entry)
- YES E-juice (up to one bottle per person—must be factory-sealed upon entry)
- YES Juul Pods (must be in sealed pack upon entry)
- YES Fanny packs
- YES Glowing/illuminated costumes or jewelry
- YES Glowsticks (string glowstick/LED pois, orbitals and whips are permitted but must be performed 5 feet away from others)
- YES Gum (must be sealed at entry)
- YES Hammocks
- YES Hula hoops (especially LED hoops!)
- YES Hydration packs with no more than two main compartments and one smaller compartment (must be empty upon entry)
- YES Lighters
- YES Lip balm/gloss (must be sealed upon entry)
- YES Makeup
- YES Manual scooters, skateboards, longboards, bicycles
- YES Non-amplified (acoustic) musical instruments
- YES Non-professional flash/still cameras and hand-held video cameras (e.g., Sony Action Cam, GoPro, Polaroid)
- YES Personal food
- YES Personal misting fan with a bottle no larger than 1.5L (must be empty upon entry)
- YES Personal-size battery-powered speakers
- YES Personal-size pool floaties (made for no more than one adult)
- YES Plastic mirrors
- YES Physician-prescribed medication that is not expired (must show physician’s prescription and consult with a safety officer upon entry)
- YES Reusable water bottles (must be empty at entry)
- YES Small, portable propane grills/stoves* with small tanks, up to 4 lbs per group
(propane bottles that are part of your RV/camping trailer’s internal system are OK, even if they exceed 4 lbs)
- YES Sunscreen lotion (inspected upon entry)
- YES Tampons and pads (must be sealed upon entry)
- YES Wagons
- YES Wind chairs/sofas (must be deflated upon entry)
* Only you can prevent campground fires! During your stay in the campground, please monitor all cooking devices while in use, and turn off tanks when you’re finished. If you see an unattended fire, please notify a campground staff member immediately.
The following are NOT allowed in the campground:
- NO Aerosol products/cans
- NO Bota bags
- NO Breakable glass or acrylic mirrors (compact makeup and shatter-proof plastic mirrors measuring less than 8″x8″ are OK)
- NO Butane grills or accessories, such as torches
- NO Costumes that resemble public safety uniforms (police, SWAT, fire, security, or medical) in any way
- NO Camping wind turbines
- NO Candles or live flame of any kind
- NO Dollies or hand trucks
- NO Drones or remote-control aircraft
- NO Drugs or drug paraphernalia
- NO Fireworks
- NO Gas generators (solar-powered generators OK)
- NO Gas masks
- NO Glass bottles (small bottles of perfume/cologne OK)
- NO Helium balloons
- NO Hookahs
- NO Hydroflasks
- NO Illegal substances
- NO Large metal chains or metal spiked jewelry
- NO Large speaker systems (Sound systems are limited to USB-powered/personal portable speakers. No amplified sound systems are allowed. Okeechobee Experience LLC reserves the right to remove sound systems that do not follow these guidelines, and repeat offenders of noise complaints are subject to removal from the campground.)
- NO Laser pointers or air horns
- NO Loose cans or beverages (must be packaged and sealed at entry)
- NO Loose pills without a prescription, or expired medications of any kind (all medications, prescription or otherwise, must be in their original container)
- NO Medical or recreational marijuana
- NO Motorized vehicles of any kind, including off-road motorcycles, Segways, electric bicycles, hoverboards, powered skateboards, or scooters
- NO Nitrogen dioxide (NO2) canisters or nitrous of any kind
- NO Open campfires or fires/flames of any kind (propane grills OK)
- NO Open packs of cigarettes (upon entry)
- NO Personal gas tanks for refueling RVs
- NO Pets (except service animals)
- NO Professional recording equipment—photo, video or audio (detachable lenses, tripods, big zooms, or commercial-use rigs)
- NO Promotional flyers, promotional/corporate branded banners, or vehicles displaying sponsorships or ads
- NO Spray paint
- NO Steel knives or other utensils deemed as weapons
- NO Stickers or flyers
- NO Stuffed animals or dolls
- NO Tool boxes
- NO Unauthorized vending of food or merchandise, including alcohol
- NO Weapon or weapon accessories of any kind, real or fictional (including whips, lightsabers, pocket knives, pepper spray, fireworks, fake weapons/props, etc.)
- Accessible camping locations are available for those with accessibility needs. Campsites include close access to paths, entrances, exits, shuttles, accessible restrooms, and accessible showers.
- Accessible camping spots are available on a first come, first served basis. Registering helps us prepare for your group and plan our accessible camping area. To reserve an ADA camping spot, please fill out the ADA Camping Registration Form.
- Accessible transportation will be available to take Okeechobeeings to different locations throughout the campground. Please visit the Camping Access Center, where you can check in and receive your wristband for all accessible viewing platforms.
To learn more about the accessible features of the festival, visit our Accessibility page.
Camping Code of Conduct
Campers are expected to be courteous to one another, as well as to event staff. Okeechobee is shared space, and these are your neighbors for the next few days! Please do your part in making this an incredible weekend for everyone. If a guest participating in any of the following behavior is uncooperative or a persistent offender, they will be removed from the festival site. In certain situations, the offender may be arrested.
By entering the campground, you agree to adhere to the following code of conduct:
- All campers must wear their Okeechobee wristband.
- Campers consuming alcohol must be 21 or older, verified by valid photo ID, which may be randomly checked at any time.
- All campers must be packed and vacated from the campground by 3pm on Monday, March 9.
- No vehicle movement will be permitted once parked.
- Prohibited items confiscated at entry or during the event will NOT be returned. Please don’t bring prohibited items!
The following actions may result in a WARNING and/or EJECTION from the campground:
- Irresponsible use of alcohol
- Public nudity or lewd behavior
- Accessing restricted areas without proper passes
- Taunting, bullying, abusive/disruptive language, and/or obscene gestures
- Failing to cooperate/comply with campground safety officers
- Moving RV or vehicle to another location after placement by festival staff
- Parking or extending any part of RV or tent into fire lanes or outside designated/marked area
- Violating the tent and RV camping power grid policies
The following actions will result in IMMEDIATE EJECTION:
- Relieving your bladder or bowels anywhere other than approved restrooms/portalets
- Fighting or engaging in any action that may harm, endanger, threaten, or bring discomfort to anyone
- Public sexual behavior
- Possession/use of illegal drugs
- Damage, destruction, vandalism, or theft of any property